Deluded Angel

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Right here is the second installment for my Oz adventure :)

So we flew over to Cairns from Darwin, had a really early flight and had to stop down in Gove, hmmm how interesting. But I made a friend on the flight a 7 year old called Lachlan, here I was looking forward to a nice quite flight, hmm no luck fo 4 hours was spent helping to keep him entertained and watching him drink lots of tea (he said he was allowed it but i very much doubt it!) all i could think was dont be sick dont be sick!

So had the afternoon to ourselves in Cairn, our mission was to find somewhere to get a manicure and pedicure done. We found one and all i can say is i kept sitting there thinking enough with the cuticule cutting i dont want my toes to fall of, they just kept hacking away!!!

Any way the next day we went to the Rainforest station were i got to hold a Koala (though wasnt the most relaxing experience with the ranger lady shouting that we CANT MOVE!!!! whilst we holding it hmm no people skills me think)

Went on an army duck, best way I can describe it is by saying it is a huge metal boat on wheels. Saw some stinging trees and informed that some people have accidently used them as toilet paper, if you thought it happening with poison ivy was bad, this blisters and effects last for 6 months!!!!! Ouch!

We went to Port Douglas and travelled out to the Great Barrier Reef, got to go on a submersable boat, which was very cool saw all the really pretty fish and got a quick look at nemo! I attempted to snorkel but as it is their winter out there it was freezing and I have never seen so many kids in my life, and lets not mention to rather attractive full body lycra jump suits hmmmm attractive!

Next was Dunk Island, what a fanstastic place, I have to say my favourite of the islands :) got to relax by the pool and I went for a horse ride around the island and along the beach. All i can say is after and hour it was very hard to sit down for a few days!

Second Island was Hamilton Island, nothing like Dunk, this island is all built up with high rises, and everyone gets around on golf buggies, my mum kept making reference to the Prisioner lol. I had vision of me getting mowed down by one lol

On Hamilton Island we got to catch a boat over to Whithaven Beach, so we get on this ferry and travel over, we get to the beach and the man says over the speaker 'you have two options for getting to the beach 1) Swim (I dont think so!) 2) Catch a boat across either way you gonna get wet! Once over there though it was beautiful sand like talcum powder and i got to build a sand castle!! (when i say sand castle more like a big lump of sand with some twigs and leaves in it lol)

Fraser Island was my least favourite of the three island (it could be that when we got there it was pouring down and didnt stop till we left!

A good point of going there was we got to see some whales but it was a mission. Left the harbour at 8am on boat number one. So we heading out and we just stopped, the man comes over the speaker 'We are having trouble with our engines sorry no whales today' Well to say we weren't happy is an understatment. I think my mums words were 'I want to rip someones arms off' But our tour director sorted us out on a boat in the afternoon, so we head out on boat number two. Two hours after we head out we are all saying what a waste of time we not going to see anything. Then all of a sudden we see a mummy and baby jumping out of the water! was so cute. Then we saw another pod and went over to them, they were jumping and flipping fins, then all of a sudden they came right up to the boat, was one of the best things of the trip.

We are then making our way back to Sydney, we stopped at Steve Irwins Zoo, and i have to say is one of the best Zoo i have ever been to, saw Crocs, Koalas, Tasmainian Devils, Wombats, Huge turtles, Snakes and lots lots more!!!.

Well that is the main points of my trip :) now I just have to organise all my photos (all 400 of them lol )

Deluded Angel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home